Thursday, September 27, 2007

Say What??


So today I showed up for my djembe lesson, and my instructor greeted me with, "Hi! You can go ahead and use the bathroom first before we start-- if you don't mind."
I didn't need to go to the bathroom. I am fifty years old. I think I know when I need to use the bathroom! My drum lesson is only a half-hour long! This was strange for him to insist I use the bathroom! Firmly, but politely I responded, "No thank-you, I already went before I came." (not that it's any of your damned business I thought to myself)
His eyebrows furrowed and there was a looong pause before he said, ". . .NO. . .I need to use the bathroom. . .IF you don't mind?"
"Oh." I said sheepishly, then started laughing like a crazy woman when it hit me how funny the whole misunderstanding was. I was still laughing when he came back from the bathroom. I'm quite sure he thinks I'm a nut.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

"Laughter IS the best medicine!"

What a funny story - remember, laughing helps keep us young!

Cindy

Anonymous said...

*SIGH* HOH moments. Funny-sad

Linda