Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Yes-- it's still me.

I can't stand looking at the same background all the time. So just bear with me-- PLEASE? It's a quirk--like the need to try on different clothing. Do any of you watch "Curb Your Enthusiasm"? Very funny the other night. I would be the one standing in front of Larry David trying on all the different perfumes or trying all the little ice cream flavors while he's waiting in a hurry. Well maybe I'm not that bad when there's a line-up. But I like to try different things and I need/crave change.

I love this time of year when the weather is changing. I love this time of life because my life is changing. I'm changing my house, redecorating rooms, and learning new how to do new things. It's fun and exciting. I never thought middle-age would be so fun.



I may not look like this woman, but I feel this young and sexy and free when I belly-dance, and that's half the battle of aging. It's all in your mind. So 'scuse me while I go practice my dance moves. I have things to do. . .

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

I like it, KW! I change my blog around from time to time, too...it might be just about time for my annual Fall shakeup...hm...
Belly dancing? Do tell! Maybe I need to take that up...I'm outta shape...

Literary Feline said...

I like the new look. :-) I wouldn't mind learning to belly dance. I'd have to do it by DVD though since all the dance classes are usually smack in the middle of the work day around here.

Anonymous said...

Here's to you from another deaf blogger battling aging. Write me--we have things in common.

Kim said...

Hi Jennifer and Kitty-- My dance class is at night. We wear plain old work out clothes, but our instructor offers scarves with these little metallic coins that make noise when you shimmy. I can't hear the coins unless we're all shimmying at once and the music is off. I'm pretty sure the sound I hear is not the sound it really makes, but philosophically sound doesn't exist until it hits your ear so there's no definition of true sound. . .OH-- maybe I won't go there tonight. . . Belly dancing is FUN, FUN, FUN!

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I found your blog via a comment on Karen's blog, and I love it and am so glad to have found it! My 2 year old son is deaf...I look forward to perusing your deaf read books list! I have read the Michael Chorost book and really enjoyed it.

Heather