Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Friends With Hearing Loss




There's nothing like getting together with others who understand your hearing issues. I'm so excited! I just made my reservation for the Say What Club convention in Philadelphia this summer, and I'm going to be rooming with Robyn, The Ambling Rambler from New Zealand!!

If you haven't had a chance to check out the Say What Club blog, go there http://www.ahearingloss.com/. I've been a member for nearly eight years and I also write for the blog every couple of weeks. The actual club functions in a Listserve format, but since they have annual conventions many of us have met in person. Robyn lives so far away, I've never met her so I'm thrilled she's going to Philly this year!! And I get to room with her!!

I'd love to meet up with any of you too. Let me know. Really! If you live in the Philadephia area, please consider dropping by. Better yet, join the Say What Club. It's a great resource of information and a fun way to connect with others who have hearing loss.


The picture above was taken at our convention in Las Vegas last May. Here are a few more--






I sure hope to meet some of you!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wheeeeeeeee I can't wait I can't wait :) Wheeeee :)

cheers
Robyn

Deb Ann and Hannah said...

Oh, that's so exciting! I'm so happy for you. :)

Abbie said...

There is a very good chance that I must show up on Saturday since that is only an hour away :)

* said...

I live in south jersey, not far from philly, my partner and i had considered attending the 'say what club' convention, but not sure yet.
the deaf/hoh community is almost non-existant in my area! and practically no activities, except in north jersey.
i like your blog btw!!

Abbie said...

Hey Jelly! Where abouts are you? There is a couple deaf clubs with monthly events in Ocean, Burlington and Atlantic County. I would love to hear from you!

hearingaustintx said...

I am so happy for you that you have met all those amazing people. I know and I can see that you really had a great time with them. I wish that I meet them too.

hearing loss

Mike said...

I wish that I am also in that event. I am sure that it is a very great party. I hope that someday I will be given a chance to meet you all.